Welcome to Quantum Gaming Studio

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zissis Trabaris

New File Available For DownloadMassiveFrontier.zip

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RudiB said:

Doesnt Java run something to get rid of old outdated versions when you update to the new ones?

Not always .. I have 5 different versions on my laptop.

Ok I got it working.  I downloaded JDK SE 8 and then ran a command in the terminal to make Java 8 the default.

RudiB, turns out Apple makes it difficult to use different versions of Java.

1 person likes this

31 minutes ago, Mobius Butthurt said:

Ok I got it working.  I downloaded JDK SE 8 and then ran a command in the terminal to make Java 8 the default.

RudiB, turns out Apple makes it difficult to use different versions of Java.

Can you create an instructional post in the general forums with pics to show other mac users how to run it? Or maybe a vid?

On 6-4-2016 at 7:35 PM, Mr.Mettle said:

Support Team,

I run mac's and need some help configuring the 64-bit exe; I added the script (text edit, came out as an RTF) to the massivefrontier file and updated to java 8, but it does not open. I see the attempt at activation, but nothing is produced. 

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

Same here. Only difference is that I used the already built-in programm 'scripteditor' to create this script. Recently switched to mac though so maybe someone else can help us?

Look in the General Discussions forum. There is a pinned post explaining how to set up the game on mac.

On 4/6/2016 at 10:35 AM, Mr.Mettle said:

Support Team,

I run mac's and need some help configuring the 64-bit exe; I added the script (text edit, came out as an RTF) to the massivefrontier file and updated to java 8, but it does not open. I see the attempt at activation, but nothing is produced. 

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

I need help, I am STUPID and I am also late D;......  I don't know how to run the download thing, it told me to do java -jar MassiveFrontier.jar ./ but I don't know how to. PLZ help D:  Thank You.... :D

10 hours ago, Spartan-117 said:

I need help, I am STUPID and I am also late D;......  I don't know how to run the download thing, it told me to do java -jar MassiveFrontier.jar ./ but I don't know how to. PLZ help D:  Thank You.... :D

You need to open your terminal.app. Finder>Applications>Utilities>Terminal.app. Next you need to know where you saved massivefrontier so when you write the script in the terminal.app, it knows what/where to go. In Mobius' example, he saved the game to his desktop, so he enters "cd desktop," mine is in my download folder. The download folder is the default place for things you download unless you specify otherwise. Lets say yours is there. So in the terminal.app, type "cd downloads" hit return, now terminal.app is looking in that folder. Next type "cd massivefrontier", now terminal.app is looking in the massivefrontier folder. Now type "java -jar massivefrontier.jar ./" It will take a while to load everything the first time around. As long as you have done everything Mobius listed in his pinned post, you should be on your way. A helpful tip, right click on terminal.app when you locate it and create a duplicate, then move it to your desktop. You will be using it every time you want to play for now, and that makes it easily accessible.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Funkner352 said:

You need to open your terminal.app. Finder>Applications>Utilities>Terminal.app. Next you need to know where you saved massivefrontier so when you write the script in the terminal.app, it knows what/where to go. In Mobius' example, he saved the game to his desktop, so he enters "cd desktop," mine is in my download folder. The download folder is the default place for things you download unless you specify otherwise. Lets say yours is there. So in the terminal.app, type "cd downloads" hit return, now terminal.app is looking in that folder. Next type "cd massivefrontier", now terminal.app is looking in the massivefrontier folder. Now type "java -jar massivefrontier.jar ./" It will take a while to load everything the first time around. As long as you have done everything Mobius listed in his pinned post, you should be on your way. A helpful tip, right click on terminal.app when you locate it and create a duplicate, then move it to your desktop. You will be using it every time you want to play for now, and that makes it easily accessible.

THANK YOU, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!! :D