Welcome to Quantum Gaming Studio

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zissis Trabaris

New File Available For DownloadMassiveFrontier.zip

34 posts in this topic

MassiveFrontier.zip

Java 8 native client for Massive Frontier

1) Make sure you have Java 8 installed.
2) Download the "MassiveFrontier" zip file.
3) Unzip the file.
4) Go into the "MassiveFrontier" folder.
5) Execute the run.bat file on windows.

On other operating systems please create a script that contains the following command and place it in the MassiveFrontier folder

java -jar MassiveFrontier.jar ./

The Java version can be unzipped to a USB drive and executed from there. All game files will be installed on the USB drive's MassiveFrontier folder which means that you will be able to use the USB drive on any computer that has java installed at any time. It's like having the game in your pocket.

MAC USERS: Follow the instructions on how to install for the mac by clicking on the link below

2 people like this

There should be shortcut option in Software Installer, I copy it by self to Desktop.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Darth Unicorn said:

This is the same as the one we all installed before that was on the Fb page?

Yes all the alpha testers already have it installed.

2 people like this

:ph34r: now its matter of time till we get beta. I waited 5 years for something better then vega I can wait for beta easy lol

6 people like this

Support Team,

I run mac's and need some help configuring the 64-bit exe; I added the script (text edit, came out as an RTF) to the massivefrontier file and updated to java 8, but it does not open. I see the attempt at activation, but nothing is produced. 

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

52 minutes ago, Mr.Mettle said:

Support Team,

I run mac's and need some help configuring the 64-bit exe; I added the script (text edit, came out as an RTF) to the massivefrontier file and updated to java 8, but it does not open. I see the attempt at activation, but nothing is produced. 

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

I do not know much on Apple Computers as im a Microsoft Pc and Admin I did ask around and look online Ziss may know more about what to do but I do know for a while that there a software called Wine that is suppose to allow you to use window software on a Unix and Linux basis software including the Apple computers. I also know there have to be some tweaks done sometimes while I have little knowledge I hope that this may help somewhat ill include 1 of the website I found that talk about it.

http://www.cnet.com/news/running-pc-programs-on-a-mac-without-windows/

No do not use the wine emulator to play games .. It's SUPER SLOW!!! You need to create a script that will run the jar file with a ./ argument at the end of it. That script needs to be in your MassiveFrontier directory. Unfortunately I do not have a mac so I can't put it together and test it for you. Maybe another mac user in here can help out.

When i try to run from command line on my Mac I get to 97% complete then it fails during validation and says 0% complete.  Tried it twice by reinstalling and no luck.  Please advise.

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 9.33.21 PM.png

Edited by Mobius Butthurt
more info

We don't have a MAC to test on.  Zissis would have to give you the exact work around to try and get it to run.

19 hours ago, Mobius Butthurt said:

When i try to run from command line on my Mac I get to 97% complete then it fails during validation and says 0% complete.  Tried it twice by reinstalling and no luck.  Please advise.

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 9.33.21 PM.png

There is a launcher.txt file in the massive frontier folder. Can you attach it here so I can debug please?

When I login, I can't open the game. I get this error, please advise:

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
RuntimeException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.

9 hours ago, Sterling the Lawgiver said:

When I login, I can't open the game. I get this error, please advise:

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[jME3 Main,5,main]
RuntimeException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.

What operating system are you on?

15 hours ago, Sterling the Lawgiver said:

Windows 7

Can you update your sound card driver?

Ziss I got a message from someone that is trying to use the java download but it stops when it gets to 97%

On 4/10/2016 at 0:32 PM, Zissis Trabaris said:

Can you update your sound card driver?

You was going to low the Java version today, well it did not happen yet.

On 4/8/2016 at 4:56 PM, Zissis Trabaris said:

There is a launcher.txt file in the massive frontier folder. Can you attach it here so I can debug please?

Is the launcher.log file the one you need? I have attached it because I couldn't find a launcher.txt file.

launcher.log

5 hours ago, Mobius Butthurt said:

Is the launcher.log file the one you need? I have attached it because I couldn't find a launcher.txt file.

launcher.log

I found your problem. You have java 6 installed. You need to install Java 8.

6 hours ago, Mobius Butthurt said:

I'm using Java 8.

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 7.04.46 AM.png

Your log file states that you ran it with java 6 though. Maybe java 6 is your default java runtime?

Doesnt Java run something to get rid of old outdated versions when you update to the new ones?