Welcome to Quantum Gaming Studio

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zissis Trabaris

Ship building poll

Ship building poll   56 members have voted

  1. 1. How should the build queue work?

    • I can build as many ships as I want in parallel as long as I have the res.
    • I can only build 1 ship at a time for every construction space station I have.
    • You start by building one per construction station but you can upgrade your construction station to build more at the same time

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

I think limits should be placed on concurrent builds.  Say 5 or 10 or a max of whatever.  The problem we all ran into in Vega is the single hull forever build time.  Here, we are trying to balance ship availability times to allow for more play with less wait.  But, too much too fast can lead to single use spam accounts.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different train of thought:  construction space stations should be upgradable to allow for more ship build bays or slots. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the building times are not that long, one at a time is not bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bervan said:

As long as the building times are not that long, one at a time is not bad

The longest build time you will have are the current build times for battleships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was thinking of a third option here:

we can have up to 3-5 hanger slots in the ship factory or space station or whatever that will be

for example:

lvl1 = 1 slot

lvl2-3= 2 slots

lvl4-5 = 3 slots ... and so on

building unlimited ships at the same time won't be so good .. it could be too much for the servers to handle or it will have some bad side effects.. but since our ships can be lost forever in battle if it doesn't have pots for repairing we will need unlimited numbers of ships, but that unlimited number should be controlled by limited slots in the factory .. 

and of course we can have unlimited ships in our hanger

this is my opinion .. if im wrong about something please let me know ... thanks for listening

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RiMaDa said:

i was thinking of a third option here:

we can have up to 3-5 hanger slots in the ship factory or space station or whatever that will be

for example:

lvl1 = 1 slot

lvl2-3= 2 slots

lvl4-5 = 3 slots ... and so on

building unlimited ships at the same time won't be so good .. it could be too much for the servers to handle or it will have some bad side effects.. but since our ships can be lost forever in battle if it doesn't have pots for repairing we will need unlimited numbers of ships, but that unlimited number should be controlled by limited slots in the factory .. 

and of course we can have unlimited ships in our hanger

this is my opinion .. if im wrong about something please let me know ... thanks for listening

A few thoughts on this ...

  • Servers can handle unlimited simultaneous builds.
  • You will need res to build so having unlimited parallel builds is not as bad as you think. You get res by parking a miner in orbit of a planet then collecting the miner's res with a cargo ship and returning to your space station. This does require work / time even though you will be able to set AI rules on your cargo ships to collect automatically ... they can be hijacked in route as well ;)
  • I do like the limit of how many parallel builds you can do based on the state of your construction space station.
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have to agree with the "queue limit"... unless your kixeye and love money xD lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted as many as we have res for. But I also think the limit should be like 5 per fleet bay or building station or whatever we end up with. Say we have constrution stations I think the limit should be like 5 at a time per station with a limit of 5 stations If we have fleet bays on stations limit to 5 ships at a time for each fleeet bay with a 5 fleet bay per station and say like a 3 station limit for building not to limit the repair bays of course. Realy like to see bays for fleets ready to go on each station with out the restriction of 7 like in Vega. I would Like a FLEET BAY NOT a SHIP BAY lmfao!  Vega never could figure this one out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the hull build times are very reasonable, and perhaps 1 at a time per sector would be OK. However when it comes to refits I don't want to be held waiting for a hull to finish. I have a question as to whether the build times will increase when weapons and armor are added? If so we will definitely need more than one. So at this point I will say at least 2 per sector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need to redo the poll with a middle of the road option, I think building 5 at a time per construction station is a good option. 

Or using Vega as an example, you have 6 ships per fleet, so you should be able to build 6 ships (or an entire fleet) at once so your not getting lost with setups, I have so many unfinished fleet ideas in Vega its getting stupid.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chrom said:

I think the hull build times are very reasonable, and perhaps 1 at a time per sector would be OK. However when it comes to refits I don't want to be held waiting for a hull to finish. I have a question as to whether the build times will increase when weapons and armor are added? If so we will definitely need more than one. So at this point I will say at least 2 per sector.

Refits are instant and free

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just added a new middle of the road answer. You can re-cast your vote if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2016 at 9:08 PM, Zissis Trabaris said:

Refits are instant and free

I like this, a lot, haha. But, I think the most realistic option would be to build armaments like you do hulls, which would take time and res, but once those armaments are built you can fit them to any of your ships. Any armaments taken off a ship would go into an inventory so you could use them later if you want. Then again, this might just clutter up the menus and be a nuisance...but it always pissed me off in VC whenever I refit a ship the idiots in the ship factory would just recycle the old armaments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Theseus said:

I like this, a lot, haha. But, I think the most realistic option would be to build armaments like you do hulls, which would take time and res, but once those armaments are built you can fit them to any of your ships. Any armaments taken off a ship would go into an inventory so you could use them later if you want. Then again, this might just clutter up the menus and be a nuisance...but it always pissed me off in VC whenever I refit a ship the idiots in the ship factory would just recycle the old armaments.

That's exactly how it works. You build the tech and then it costs nothing to mount it. The only difference is your equipment can be destroyed in battle. When in battle you can target the hull, engines, or weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0