Welcome to Quantum Gaming Studio

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zissis Trabaris

A description of how Corporations work

42 posts in this topic

Space is a dangerous place. There are pirates at every turn that want to destroy you, thieves that want to steal your goods, and other chaos. How can a player survive in this environment? Well, by creating a Corporation and inviting others to join it of course. A corporation consists of one or more players that work together to get ahead are a unified group. As the corporation grows it size, technology, and skill, the members gain bonuses in particular areas. These bonuses are applied when a particular Corporation player interacts with a player in a different corporation. The bonuses are calculated based on the difference in corporate skill points between the two Corporations. Corporate skill points are accumulated by through each player's game play and are the following:

• Kill Skill Points - You accumulate one skill point for each ship you kill.
  • Defense Skill Points - You accumulate one defense skill point for each ship that leaves a fleet battle alive ONLY IF your opponent's fleet is fully killed.
  • Research Skill Points - You accumulate one research skill point for every hull or equipment type type you research.
  • Manufacturing Skill Points - You accumulate one manufacturing skill point for every hull or piece of equipment you build.

When two Corporations interact, the one with the higher skill points will obtain a bonus against the one with the lower skill points measured is a percentage. For example, Corporation A has 100 skill point, and Corporation B has 50 skill point. Corporation A gets a 50% bonus over Corporation B because it has 50% more skill points. Bonuses ONLY apply if the skill variance between the two Corporations is within 1 - 100 percent. This will prevent highly skilled Corporations from overpowering new Corporations. If the variance is greater than 100 percent then NO bonus is applied. The bonus types that players can gain by being a part of the corporation are the following:

• Weapon Damage Bonus - This bonus is applied to weapon damage applied to enemy ships when battling another Corporation. It is based on Kill Skill Points
  • Ship Health Bonus - This bonus is applied to your ship's HULL health battling another Corporation. It is based on Defense Skill Points.
  • Research Trading Bonus - This bonus is applied as a reduction in cost when buying research from another Corporation and an increase in costs when another Corporation is buying research from your Corporation. It is based on Research Skill Points.
  • Goods Trading Bonus - This bonus is applied as a reduction in cost when buying equipment or hulls from another Corporation and an increase in costs when another Corporation is buying equipment and hulls from your Corporation. It is based on Manufacturing Skill Points.

Aside from the bonuses a player gets from being a part of a corporation there are other advantages as well. They are the following:

• Ship Pooling - A player in a Corporation can flag one or more ships that they own and is NOT in a fleet as a shared Corporation resource that can be used by other players in their fleets. If the owner leaves the corporation all the their shares ships return back to their space station.
  • Equipment Pooling -  A player in a Corporation can flag one or more piece of equipment that they own and is NOT used by a hull as a shared Corporation resource that can be used by other players on their hulls. If the owner leaves the corporation all the their shares equipment return back to their space station.
  • Resource Pooling - A player in a Corporation can assigned part or all of they resources to be usable by any other member of the same Corporation.
  • Co-Piloting - A player in a Corporation can allow one or more other players in the same Corporation to pilot one or more of their fleets. This will allow other members to help you in fleet battles by controlling one or more of your ships while you control the rest, or allow other corporation members to use your fleet in sector space. If the owner of the fleet leaves the Corporation all rights for other players to pilot their fleets are revoked.

View full article

10 people like this

hmm look good, can't wait to try Massive Frontier.

5 people like this

#AlphaPlayersCorporation - Domination/Destruction/Death :D . Corps sound cool, already much better than VEGA Conflicts alliances. But will there be a number of different positions that a leader/ co leader can promote members to... so for example a player in charge of Recruitment/Diplomacy/War etc, etc, etc. 

Edited by Darth Unicorn

8 minutes ago, Darth Unicorn said:

#AlphaPlayersCorporation - Domination/Destruction/Death :D . Corps sound cool, already much better than VEGA Conflicts alliances. But will there be a number of different positions that a leader/ co leader can promote members to... so for example a player in charge of Recruitment/Diplomacy/War etc, etc, etc. 

Yes. We will work out all the details for member ranking when we get into beta. Initially there will be one Corporation owner that can add remove others. We will add more ranks and functionality for them in beta.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Zissis Trabaris said:

Yes. We will work out all the details for member ranking when we get into beta. Initially there will be one Corporation owner that can add remove others. We will add more ranks and functionality for them in beta.

Awesome! 

All sounds a hell of a lot more enticing than some of the drivel dished out to placate gamers who want real content over pretentious slop corntent.

Man this concept looks awesome and too perfect,i hope everything works out good and we get to play MASSIVE FRONTIER  ASAP,,but what about DEATH STAR??and WARP DRIVE??

1 person likes this

Looking awesome so far Ziss ^^ when this launches i will be 100% sure to recommend it to friends

1 person likes this

I like that the Co-Piloting facebook idea went here, that would be nice original feature. I'm thinking of something also, only player designed as Trainer-tutor can co-pilot and one player can accept one student-trainee each *x levels* also one tutor can be also student for the same person. Naming a tutor can be done each few days and both student+tutor get bonus points for won battles. 

One other thought, Kill-def points should be limited to a max, by wining those destroying ships(i suppose each ship has a certain proportional value for kill-defense-!!! otherwise we will see *harrier fights*), also i noticed see a much faster gaining of kill points than def points since you don't have to win/lose the battle for first.

One other problem, if a Corp would like to buy Research points from another, then the second should exceed the needed points or research something of another type....problem here, since all first Corps will lack any points and newer gen corps would just push the first further and never catch their developing rate.  However, if each Corp could research only a branch of something and they can pick only one, the market will flow and each Corp would try fill the gap, a natural balance and newer Corps would fill the niches. 

And last, ship pooling, what happens if the guy leaves and the other guy is in some battle or mission chain with that ship? Would it return after finishing?

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Zissis Trabaris said:

Kill Skill Points - You accumulate one skill point for each ship you kill.

I think this will add a much more desired Skill affect then what is found in more popular games like Vega Conflict.

4 people like this

'More popular games like Vega Conflict' .........What an oxymoron!

surreal pig.jpg

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, BlackFeline said:

I like that the Co-Piloting facebook idea went here, that would be nice original feature. I'm thinking of something also, only player designed as Trainer-tutor can co-pilot and one player can accept one student-trainee each *x levels* also one tutor can be also student for the same person. Naming a tutor can be done each few days and both student+tutor get bonus points for won battles. 

One other thought, Kill-def points should be limited to a max, by wining those destroying ships(i suppose each ship has a certain proportional value for kill-defense-!!! otherwise we will see *harrier fights*), also i noticed see a much faster gaining of kill points than def points since you don't have to win/lose the battle for first.

One other problem, if a Corp would like to buy Research points from another, then the second should exceed the needed points or research something of another type....problem here, since all first Corps will lack any points and newer gen corps would just push the first further and never catch their developing rate.  However, if each Corp could research only a branch of something and they can pick only one, the market will flow and each Corp would try fill the gap, a natural balance and newer Corps would fill the niches. 

And last, ship pooling, what happens if the guy leaves and the other guy is in some battle or mission chain with that ship? Would it return after finishing?

We will eventually have a Corporation training arena where players within a Corporation can fight / train without encoring repair costs on their fleets. This is also a great way to test out builds.

Once we lock down the ship levels we can fine tune how many kill/defense points you get per ship type... and possibly build type.

You do not buy research points from other Corporations. You buy one time use blueprints of stuff they have researched but you have not. Research skill points are earned when you actually research something not when you buy a one time use blueprint of tech.

Yes the ship will return to the owner after the battle is over. If the ship is in a fleet that is currently in sector space it will be removed from the fleet immediately. 

3 people like this

So in other words there is a bifurcation between the haves and have nots of tech creating an economy between the two parties thus creating marketability of actually taking time to research as opposed to going the lazy route and relying on others?

1 person likes this

the one issue i see is that a corporation that is in the lead will be pretty well cemented there with an advantage over others. A possible solution is apply the percentage to points gathered also. ie if corp A with with 100 kills 6 of corp B's (50 point), corp A only gains 3 points whereas if corp B killed 6 they would recieve 12 points. Thus making being king of the hill more difficult to maintain.

1 hour ago, ÇøcK˜G◊bLiN said:

the one issue i see is that a corporation that is in the lead will be pretty well cemented there with an advantage over others. A possible solution is apply the percentage to points gathered also. ie if corp A with with 100 kills 6 of corp B's (50 point), corp A only gains 3 points whereas if corp B killed 6 they would recieve 12 points. Thus making being king of the hill more difficult to maintain.

I am sure we will be tweaking the system to balance it. The plan is to first release basic mechanics, try them out, and plug the holes.

3 people like this

lol you better believe i am here waiting for beta to open up ill just pitch my tent here.

B1OKaq6IUAA8gpX.jpg

7 people like this

Sounds pretty in-depth... So I guess I can kiss my weekend's goodbye again.

1 person likes this

Upon reviewing this article, it's obvious you listened to most of the players in the vega forum. I greatly look forward to playing this game and getting as many other players on the band wagon as possible. Hopefully it will start a posture trend in gaming. It is an honor to be part of this pioneering project.

3 people like this

45 minutes ago, Darth Gaver said:

Upon reviewing this article, it's obvious you listened to most of the players in the vega forum. I greatly look forward to playing this game and getting as many other players on the band wagon as possible. Hopefully it will start a posture trend in gaming. It is an honor to be part of this pioneering project.

I originally started this project because no gaming studio has allowed the players to define the game. Partly due to the fact that most mechanics in games are geared around making a profit and partly because gaming studios always seem to think they know their players better than the players do. I disagree with both stances. ONLY the players knows what the player wants and ... If you give the players what the want revenue works out automatically.

3 people like this

On 3.4.2016 at 10:11 PM, Sim said:

Looking awesome so far Ziss ^^ when this launches i will be 100% sure to recommend it to friends

im gonna spreading word about MF much as possible

1 hour ago, Darth Troll said:

Sounds pretty in-depth... So I guess I can kiss my weekend's goodbye again.

im gonna release some of my ideas/suggestions etc (about 1-1,5 week from now).