Welcome to Quantum Gaming Studio

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Theseus

PvP Sector Shards

7 posts in this topic

My idea is to have PvP sector shards that players can only get to by wormholes. The sector you join is random, with players from all over the universe. This could be an implement for player blueprint drops, so you and a friend couldn’t exploit it by farming each other easily. In these sectors there are many gameplay modes like team deathmatch, free-for-all, capture the space monkey, etc. There are parameters like single ship dogfights by class, fleet combat in sector, everyone using the same ship, maze defense, many more modes could be added later. 

There are 3-5 rounds of different game modes, selected randomly. Every round switches the teams unless it’s free-for-all. Instead of a lobby menu, between rounds is a PvP free-for-all when new players will join. To port to one of these sectors you need to buy-in with resources, when players kill you they steal some of these resources. If you exit the sector early you will lose all rewards gained and your buy-in resources. 

Randomly after 3-5 rounds, an NPC armada will ambush the sector from the outside in. A return wormhole will appear somewhere near the center, it will be a tough battle to fight your way to it. If you die before reaching it you will spawn back in your sector, if you make it you will get a reward. This would be a lot of development work, but it would add a ton of replay value if added after space/planet/sea battles have been implemented.

EDIT: The detailed version is here, it contains development implementations.

Edited by Theseus
Abridgement
1 person likes this

I read "to diversify combat, this post is 10 miles too long, melee dungeon crawls."

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Miss said:

I read "to diversify combat, this post is 10 miles too long, melee dungeon crawls."

The dungeon crawls and FPS part was a subtle joke, haha. I shortened it and added a link to the full version, which is two pages of a google doc.

Edited by Theseus
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Theseus said:

The dungeon crawls and FPS part was a subtle joke, haha. I shortened it and added a link to the full version, which is two pages of a google doc.

TWO WHOLE PAGES??? Oh geez no wonder I couldn't focus through the whole thing!!

3 people like this

New idea for this: structured player corporation wars. Arguing with an enemy corp over who has more skill, and who is all tech? Set the game mode workshop so both corps battle with the same hulls, equipped exactly the same, with all corporation skill bonuses disabled (or set parameters to whatever the hell you want). Schedule a war with the enemy corp – leaders choose an even number of players – start it off with a buy-in to add to the stakes. 4 Corp free-for-all, 2v2, 1v3? Winner takes all the res and glory.

EDIT: This PvP sector concept could subtract from realism if players were able to warp to them with no limit. For that, I suggest limiting player corp shard wars to like three a week – and limiting individuals porting to shard sectors to about three times a day (about an hour of gameplay). That way, persistent sector space wouldn't be void of the local warriors; keeping persistent sector and shard sector gameplay fresh.

Edited by Theseus
1 person likes this

that sounds good theseus.

4 people like this

I promise I will read all of this but I am too busy with coding at the moment.

1 person likes this