Welcome to Quantum Gaming Studio

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zissis Trabaris

How hull health and damage works

12 posts in this topic

I just want to take a moment and explain how health and damage works on hulls. When you build a ship or space station it obviously has built in hull health and you can increase that by adding hull armor. There are two more health categories that your should be aware of as well. Engine health and weapons health. An empty hull has zero engine health and zero weapons health. You can add weapons armor and engine armor to your hull to increase these values. If your hull health drops below zero your ship or space station  is disabled. If your engine health drops below zero your engines are destroyed, and if your weapons health drops below zero your weapons are destroyed. 

How Damage Is Applied

Damage is applied differently if you have not focus fired on a hull than if you have.

Focus Fire Damage Allocation:

When you select an enemy hull you have the option on focusing your fire to the hull, engines, or weapons. Depending on the prepossession of your weapon, a percentage of damage will go to the focused component and the remainder will go to the hull. This percentage can be up to 100% depending on your weapon build. If you are focusing on weapons of engines and they get destroyed, the targeting system will default to hull damage.

Non Focus Fire Damage Allocation:

If there are no focus fire enemies in range, your targeting computer will automatically fire on the closest hull. When this happens, it will allocate 80% damage to the hull, 10% damage to the engines, and 10% damage to the weapons. If a weapons or engines get destroyed that 10% damage moved to the hull.

How Nanobots Work

When you add nanobots to a hull and the hull contains enough resources, the nanobots will automatically repair damage in real time. Each nanobot repairs one health point per second. You can allocate nanobots to the hull, weapons, or engines. For example, if I have 100 nanobots on my hull, I can configure 10% of them to the engines, 20% to the weapons and 70% to the hull. In this case, the engines will auto repair even in battle at the rate of 10 health points per second, the weapons at the rate of 20 health points per second, and the hull at 70 health points per second.

View full article

2 people like this

Nice! I like it, quite unique compared to other space games like this. This will bring some more strategy in. 

2 people like this

Sounds good I cant wait but will the amount of nanite be same for all ships as in percentage or will amount of nanite change depending on ship design? will there be a boost or some type of nanite tec that will allow the ship to slowly make more nanites?

6 people like this

Will fighting class ships has some type of nanite regeneration tech or nanite recycle system that will repair an amounting of nanites using destroyed nanties.

6 people like this

maybe there could be some type of emp or weapon that lowers nanites ability to repair hull damage or such.

6 people like this

23 hours ago, Q said:

Will fighting class ships has some type of nanite regeneration tech or nanite recycle system that will repair an amounting of nanites using destroyed nanties.

Most ships come with nanobots but you can add more. Of course nanobots take energy to work so the more you add the less usable energy you have for other things.

nanobots2.png

1 person likes this

ah I see ok wish I had paid attention to that.

2 people like this

Is there gonna be a new forum for Focus Fire and Non Focus Fire? Because I can't seem to understand those things.

19 hours ago, Cpt Zark said:

Is there gonna be a new forum for Focus Fire and Non Focus Fire? Because I can't seem to understand those things.

It works pretty much like Vega. If you select an enemy ship and it's in range you fire on it ... if it's not in range the closest enemy to you gets fired on. If you have not selected an enemy shit you fire at the closest enemy ship in range.

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Zissis Trabaris said:

If you have not selected an enemy shit 

I wouldn't really select an enemy "shit" hahahaha

Edited by Cpt Zark

44 minutes ago, Cpt Zark said:

I wouldn't really select an enemy "shit" hahahaha

This is what happens when you code 24/7 ... dyslexia sets in lol

2 people like this