1 hour ago, Caramel Fok said:

3 resource types shouldn't be enough to build our bases or ships ... specially a gas in that mix... a 4th resource type one that's a metallic in nature or a some type of element one that should be gathered or looted ..maybe something that is also gained passively... ratio based on player lvl and storage capacity...

After I get the base game mechanics coded I will be adding very rare and expensive resources that you can transfer to coins and other stuff.

• Like 3

Suggestion: Divide the resources in 5 groups, Gas Currency (GC), Liquid Currency (LC), Solid Currency(SC) and Exotics Currency(EC) and last one Universal Currency(UC). The reason for this is because in the future you can add items, thematic missions for factions maybe, events, so on, that offer a wide variety of rewards and each of them will have a base price value corresponding to one of the first 4 Groups, while units of each 4 groups have a price value corresponding to number 5, Universal Credit, which is the equivalent of Vega coins. 
    For Example, you get a mission to retrieve a hostage out of pirates hands, but when you destroy some pirates ships you loot cargo in the debris. Some cargo is Chromium Bars, which has a certain price, other cargo is Gold Bars, which has a much higher price. All these is reported to Solid Currency, but it makes it more detailed and perhaps you going to need Gold Bars as they are for crafting stuff.
   You also loot a Radon Small Tank which has a greater GC value than a Large Helium Tank, or some Small Mercury Reservoir that has a  much greater value than a Medium Bromine Reservoir or a Large Water Reservoir and takes much less space to store.
   On the way to your mission you might need to free some cargo mass taking decisions what to drop as your ship will be limited to a maximum cargo mass value.
   The Exotics Currency is for anything that cannot have just a material value, from a Painting of Gra'hThul The War God to some Large Antimatter Magnetic Container. And of course, back to your base, you can always convert GC-LC-SC-EC  for UC. 
   I know this is a bit more complicated, but is like preparing speed brushes in Photoshop, later it offers a really wide palette of items to construct lore or event structures pretty fast.

Edited by Wetkitty

Or you can simply report everything to UC directly, but i was thinking these groups can be used as they are in certain operations, for example in some planetary or base operations you will use X amount of SC an Y amount of LC ship building might take a lot of SC and much less GC, while some Atmospheric Purifier Research might take a lot of GC, while some Social Improvements LVL 3 or Quantum Drive might take some more EC than any. You aren't creating a Game Zissis, you are creating a new Universe.

Edited by Wetkitty

On 10/5/2018 at 11:09 AM, Caramel Fok said:

3 resource types shouldn't be enough to build our bases or ships ... specially a gas in that mix... a 4th resource type one that's a metallic in nature or a some type of element one that should be gathered or looted ..maybe something that is also gained passively... ratio based on player lvl and storage capacity...

We currently have 3 resource types to start with. They are coded on this web site and now have been coded into the research and build screens in the game. I would like to start with these three for now and we can explore other rare ones in the future. 

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1